Pages

Friday, April 24, 2009

B is for Birds

I received something in the mail yesterday.

Something amazing, stupendous, magnificent, glorious, something so loverly and whimsical that it almost made me cry.

I received these
beauties.



One of my bestest, dearest friends, made these for Nora. They will soon be in perpetual flight when they joing the yarn balls in hanging above Nora's crib.

My big eyed, blue eyed baby will be able to stare at these sweet, tweeting birds and blissfully drift off into dreamland.

I hope to have as much talent in my whole body as the maker of these birds, Teresa, has in her little pinky.

She gives a great tutorial, here, on how to make them.

Lucky for me, I didn't have to make any, because, well she loves me and made some for me.

But if you feel your creative juices are ready for something different, then this is the project for you.

I have come to have an appreciation for birds, except for crows-they just eat my garbage and toss it into the street.

Here's why I like birds, except for crows, cuz they're loud.

Birds.........
....remind me to spread my wings so that when the right wind comes along, I will fly.
....remind me that there is always something to sing about.
....remind me that feathering my nest brings great joy and contentment.
....remind me that there are many beautiful varieties in life, except for crows.(I'm really sorry, I just don't like crows. Did I mention that?)
Happy Weekend

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you recieved and are enjoying your little flock. Believe me, you would have no trouble with them. But thanks for the wonderful compliment. I too love birds. Especially in the spring. They remind of making a new, a rebirth, twitter patted love, nesting for my babies and much much more. I love you. Thanks for being one of the greatest friends ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Megan.

    Those are cute birds!

    And I agree with you. Crows are not the best.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...