Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

Coye Lee Kraai
January 8, 1922-April 12, 2009




Yesterday was a beautiful day.

It was Easter Sunday. A day to celebrate and teach our children about the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.

It was also the day that Jeff's grandmother, Coye Lee Kraai, went home to her Heavenly Father.

She was a great woman. Now I know that people always say that about someone who has passed away. But it is really true. She was honest, she was forthright, she was faithful. She was good to all of us, supportive and loving, proud of who we are.

Lee was the first person in Jeff's family to become a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints some 55 years ago.

She was the pioneer in his family. She raised two daughters in the gospel, they were both sealed in the Temple to their spouses and between them they made Lee a grandmother of 7, and a great grandmother of 17. Four of those grandchildren served missions for our church and because of that service, countless others have learned about the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Her life showed that one person can make a tremendous difference in the lives of countless others. That one decision can have a positive impact on a person's posterity.

The last 10 plus years, Lee endured many physical trials. Her mind was sharp, but her body had done all it could in this life.

So while we are sad for ourselves, we are so happy for her. She has gone on to be with her Savior, to be with her husband who passed 13 years before her.

It's strange to think she that she really has gone. I guess we all just thought she would go on living forever. And I guess, really, she has. She has only passed from this mortal existence but she still lives on.

And I'm grateful to have known her. I'm grateful for the choice she made that brought the Gospel to her family, which in turn brought Jeff to me. Her legacy lives on through my children. We hope to make her proud, to have her be one of those waiting with open arms for us when it is our turn. We love you G.G.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry for your loss. This was a beautiful post. And really, I can't think of a better day to die than on Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Amy for this beautiful tribute to Mother. I am blessed to have her for my Mother. I appreciate your love and precious words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amy. This was really perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Amy for your blog post:
    Some of my Favorite memories:
    -She tucked us in when we arrived at 1 in the morning
    -She introduced me to animal shaped pancakes.
    -Christmas, Easter, Birthdays, Thanksgiving
    -She gave me my first set of scriptures with her testimony written inside the front cover.
    -She and Grandpa flew down to LA to see me in the airport for just a couple hours between the MTC and going to Brazil.
    -Getting to go to the store with just us two.
    -She took care of me as an infant
    -She never forgot a birthday
    -She told great stories
    -She loved doing family history
    -She always had treats at her house
    -She gave great hugs
    -more recently I remember great talks about the importance of the gospel in our lives
    -visiting her a couple years ago with 4 out of 6 of our kids. It was really fun for the kids to meet her and spend time with her.
    -She was a strong woman and cared about her family and those around her

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy and Jeff...I am sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmother. Grandmothers are so very special in our lives...Someday you will bring all of these loving ways to your own grandchildren through the wonderful memories you have of her. Our condolences to you both and to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is Megan.

    I am so sorry!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...