Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Doctor says so


Mr. Man is tired. He is always tired it seems. But now I know that there is a reason.

Today I took Henry to a special Doctor that could help decipher the oh-so sadness of his cheeks.

They are always red and raw and look awfully itchy. Combine that with overly stinky poo and a constant runny nose and I was highly suspicious that this little Man had something going on.

I relayed my fears and overall assumptions and misgivings about his health to the Doctor.

She checked him out, looked at his cheeks, looked at the halo around his head where hair doesn't really grow (she had NO IDEA what that was about), then she had him say "Ah" and she exclaimed "Those are some BIG tonsils, does he snore?"

Why yes he does. But not your regular sawing logs type snoring, more of a "snort, snort, no breathing, snort, snort".

Little Man has sleep apnea.

So out come the tonsils, out come the adnoids. And while he is dreaming Astronaut dreams based on the Astronaut gas they will give him, they will also draw his blood to check for allergies. Condense all the uncomfortableness into one event, you see.

Perhaps when this is all done we will have answers about the state of his cheeks, bum and facial.

But Doctor said this should help him sleep better at night so that he won't be falling asleep on the couch every afternoon.

We shall see.

So now important questions like, what kind of ice cream will he want and will there be room enough in his bed for us to recover together, him physically, me emotionally?

8 comments:

  1. Oh poor pumpkin! I hope the surgery does the trick. We're considering it for our three-year-old, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the surgeries. Hope it helps--and clears up his cheeks, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it helps. Poor Henry.

    (This is Megan.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure the surgery will help with his sleep. Mikayla has done so much better without her adenoids. But it is still scary for your little one to have surgery. I cried...but it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I hope he does well, Amy. And I hope you do well, too! All the angst will be worth it on the other end. Our thoughts are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! The poor little guy. It always takes me forever to realize when one of the kids is sick, so now I'm terrified.

    But more importantly I hope everything goes well and thank goodness that little kids heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had Barrett's removed about a year and a half ago. It was an overnight difference in his sleeping. He didn't snore at all two days after the surgery. Hope it goes that way for your little guy. Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Give him a big kiss from me. AND you..AMY.. get a hug and kiss also. I bet he has something else going on as well..the cheeks...now his hair..he is a born wrestler! He already has the hairdo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...