Pages

Friday, October 30, 2015

Evening on Sobway I mean Broadway


Kate and Julia performed in the Chamber Choirs annual evening on Broadway. It was amazing. Kate had a senior solo and sang a song from Little Women called Astonishing. She was, it was, amazing and astonishing. Her father and I cried through the whole thing.

 I had listened to her rehearse at home and it was beautiful. And then when she performed it was as if something lit upon her and she sang it/belted it like I've never heard before. It still gives me chills when I think of it.

Then they sang a duet. For Good from Wicked. More crying from me, them and people in the audience. Two sisters, best friends, one getting ready to leave home in the next year. Exactly. This mama could hardly stand it. It was beautiful.




Of course there were other kids there who also did a great job. 

But the highlight for us was our girls. I will never forget it.

Not as long as I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...