Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

The Pepsi Challenge


So as most of you know, I am highly addicted to Diet Pepsi.

I love the way it burns as it goes down and makes my eyes water.

I prefer it poured into a glass with no ice. Plastic makes it lose it's fizz somehow, you know.

I crave it almost hourly and prefer it to pretty much any drink (although milk is pretty much neck and neck, but it has calories for cryin out loud)

But I have a huge problem. Well, besides the fact that I'm addicted to a beverage.


She will scream at me if she sees soda anywhere in the vicinity. She will scream and scream until she gets it.

She will choose it over any other drink. Which I'm sure is not good for a 20 month old's growth.

She will cry, wail and throw herself on the floor if she doesn't get it.

It's pretty pathetic. Almost as pathetic as an adult woman who can't seem to overcome her need for pop.

But the dilemma is that in order to keep Nora from having it (cuz, yes, I am a good enough mother to realize that she really shouldn't drink it), I probably need to stop drinking it as well.

At least at the house.

I guess I could be a closet Diet Pepsi drinker, or drink it in the van late at night.

But as I thought of all the places I could hide to drink my DP, I realized, hey, maybe I shouldn't drink it either.

But I shudder at the thought, I literally scream inside at the idea of losing the bitter, biting, burpable love of my life.

But I do love Nora more, I do.

So I'm extending a Pepsi challenge to myself.

I have 3 bottles left at home. I will finish those, and then after that I will not bring it home anymore.

I will only drink when going out to eat.

Can I do it?

I'm honestly not hopeful, but I'm going to make an attempt for 1 month. Until May 2, I will only drink soda pop when I go out to eat.

Wish me luck. I will need it more than I know.
P.S.
And please, please, please, if you love me at all DO NOT give me a lecture about how bad this is for me. I already know that. And I pretty much don't care.
Thank you very much.

6 comments:

  1. Love this. You crack me up. And if worse comes to worse - blame your mother, it's her fault anyway! (hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Nora (and all the other grandkids) and I will join you in this undertaking.
    Grandpa Allen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, Teresa is right! It's all my fault about the Diet Pepsi! Guilty, guilty, guilty!! I have moved on to Diet Coke Lime. It's all just so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you can DO it!!!! go cold turkey. Think of the money you'll save.

    As a matter of fact, put your DP money aside each week.

    Reward yourself with something at the end of the week (preferably not a diet pepsi).

    Then at the end of the 2nd week, reward yourself again.

    And at the end of the 3rd week.

    At the end of the month (pepsi-free, of course), go splurge on somthing you've REALLY been wanting. And that you DESERVE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you are crazy. Who would want to give it up? I love it in the can, just out of the fridge. I might be a little obsessed as well. Hey...at least I switched to caffeine free :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same way about red wine..... is there somehow a genetic connection for some sort of addiction ..your Mom has the diet coke with Lime....You can do this and it will be best for Nora too.
    I do love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...