Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Who is this guy?


Some little cobbler man that my grandmother had at her house for many a year?
The patron saint of shoes? ~which would be awesome considering how many shoes I have.
A throw back to the age of gilded statuettes?

I don't know.
But I love him.
He's brassy-gold in color.
Chipped and a little worn.
Certainly not a decorator's idea of what "goes" in a room.
But I love him, love him, love him.
And that makes him worthy of a happy spot right by the fireplace, for all to see.


So, I'm curious. What do you have in your house that doesn't "go"?
That maybe your a little embarassed of, but that you love so much you will never part with it?

Is it like my little cobbler? Or something better, like a dream catcher, or that platter with the goose on it?

And for tomorrow, I am going to tell you my hands down, without a doubt, most embarassing story ever! It's better than the time I was doing the splits at school, and split my pants. It's more humiliating then the time I tripped in front of Jeff when we were first dating and could only think to say "ta da!" with a little flourish of my hands.

Stay tuned.

4 comments:

  1. our home is decorated in what my friends once called "Early Student Ghetto."

    So you could pick almost anything from a plethora of items.

    But I love them all -- especially since most were FREE (my favorite word).

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure - patron saint of shoes. Without a doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to think on this one...I know there's something in this hodge podge of a home!

    Can't wait for tomorrow's story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. amy, i remember when you said "ta-da" with your little gesture...i was thinking about it the other day and laughing quietly to myself picturing you do it. and then you wrote about it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...