Pages

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Festival of Trees

Yesterday was my dream come true that happens once a year.

My dream come true is that we decorate for Christmas, as a family, not just me.

I love Christmas. I love decorating for Christmas. I love Christmas music. I love Jesus Christ and that he is truly the Reason for this Season.

We had big plans for a real tree this year. Not the tree farm real tree, but the get a permit go hunt it down in the real woods kind of real tree. But due to our attempt at a frugal, low key Christmas we decided that we would use the fake trees we already have. But I LOVE the way it all turned out.

The RED tree. This was the tree the whole family decorated together. Notice the awesome hand crocheted angel that my aunt gave me. Those lights are also hers (thanks Aunt Cathy). Most of our strings were without light, so thankfully she had given us a box of stuff and we didn't have to buy anything. Joy.



The BLUE tree. This was the tree that I hovered over protectively saying"It's mine, I get to do it by myself, back off!" (I wish I were joking)




This is Kate and Julia's little tree. They've got the decorating spirit. It sits in their window for all to see.


Sadly there are no pictures of us decorating. What's wrong with me? My brain is too full, obviously, of something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...