Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Summoned

I have jury duty tomorrow.

Weird, right?

I got called back in August, but the TLC was coming to film for HomeMade Simple so I deferred until March 2nd.

I didn't know my lovely sister in law Amy would be 4 days away from her due date.

I didn't know that Julia would be in the middle of the last week of rehearsals for her play.

We'll see though. I'm not too worried they'll pick me (but I also don't want them to not like me, does that make sense?)

I'm not too worried because I'm a stay at home mom of 6, very conservative and I tend to always side with the victims in any kind of abuse case.

So I'm pretty sure I'll be dismissed the first day. Or I can wear a chakita banana head dress and talk really loud while continually blowing my nose and talking about the government and pharmacutical companies planting allergens in the air.

And that will get me out of it as well.

I really believe that this is a civic duty, I do, that's why I didn't try and get out of it by writing an excuse. But now I'm wondering how anyone, victim or accused, will benefit from having someone on their jury who can only think about getting home to their kids?

This will be interesting. Of course I probably won't be able to blog about it until it's all over, but I will keep you informed of any other people there who are obviously trying to get out of jury duty.

Someone dressed up like a mob boss? A ninja costume or a stripper outfit? That, I will tell you about.

Later skaters.

3 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to serve on jury duty but I only ever get called when I'm living overseas!! And for some reason, Kittitas County won't pay airfare from Scotland. Which I always thought was a bummer because I totally would have flown back to serve. And not just because of the free holiday home to see family! ;)

    Seriously, I think it's great that you're not trying to think of some lame reason to not go. But I do understand you wanting to be home for your family. It's a tough call. But if you do end up serving, I feel that you are the sort of person who will be fair and honest. Which is always a good thing in a juror!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been on 2 juries -- one case was dismissed before we even walked into court. the other trial lasted 3 days.

    I totally didn't fall asleep like I thought I would. And I hope, Hope, HOPE i get called to do it again some day. My secret dream when I get old enough to "retire" is to get called to be on a Grand Jury panel...SO interesting!

    I know you don't want to be picked. But I hope they pick you because you would make an AWESOME juror!

    also -- I'll be working from home tomorrow if you need me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny! I get it, it does make sense to me :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...