Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I am Alive

*WARNING*
There are no pictures, I repeat, there are no pictures!

My camera battery needs to be recharged and I've been too drained myself to take any pictures.

Now...

Thank you for caring about me.

Seriously.

But I'm fine.

No, really, I am.

Let me give you a run down on the past 5 days and then all will be made clear.

Let's see.

Friday morning:Cleaned my house so that it could be ready-ish to go get Maile's 4 kids who were coming for the night. (didn't get much done)
Friday afternoon:Picked up my kids from school,early release, and drove to Gig Harbor where my children and I participated in a service project for Maile who was really sick with what turned out to be bronchitis, but only inches away from pneumonia.

Friday night:Drove back to Maple Valley with all 10 kids, ate Pizza for dinner, acted silly, had fun, fell asleep in 2 seconds.

Saturday morning:Got up made waffles for 10 children, got 10 kids ready and went with 10 kids to Charlie's basketball game.

Saturday mid-morning to early afternoon:Watched Charlie play basketball, dropped Jeff and 9 kids off at park while NOra and I made a run to Costco to get supplies and lunch then headed back to park where we all ate lunch, played some more and then left.

On the way home from park called Maile and convinced her that I should get to keep her adorable children for one more night. She said yes, I said hurray!

Picked up some movies, headed back to our house.

Saturday afternoon to early evening:Kids played outside, watched movies, ate dinner, ate cookies, ate paper. Wait, that was just Nora.

Saturday evening was spent putting kids to bed, consoling one child who became uncertain around 9:00 if he really wanted to spend the night again.

It worked out just fine.

Saturday night around 11-passed out cold from exhaustion.

Sunday morning: Made more waffles (if you're wondering why so many waffles, my wonderful friend Trisha gave me a recipe for homemade syrup that is so to-die-for that we pretty much come up with any excuse to pour it on stuff)

Jeff and Kate go to church because the rest of us were too tired and really, trying to get 12 of us out they door by 9:30 pretty much was not going to happen.

Kate and Jeff get home around 12:15, we pack everyone up-which took 2 hours, left for Gig Harbor to begrudgingly return them to their parents.

Spent evening in Gig Harbor, drove home around 9, everyone falls into beds utterly exhausted.

Monday morning we all slept thru alarms, snoozes, baby's crying, everything. Eventually my kids made it to school by 10. I then picked up my other adorable niece Sadie and she came and played for the afternoon-super fun because she likes me now and doesn't look at me weird anymore when I tell her I love her.

Monday afternoon:I finally got around to cleaning up post 10 children running around, eating, playing, shredding paper, dominoes everywhere, shoes everywhere, dishes everywhere, etc. etc.

Monday night Jeff and Keno and two of our neighbors went and picked up a piano from my lovely aunt who so generously donated it to the cause of musical education for my children, whilst I stayed home and cleared a spot for the placement of future angelic musical instrument.

Tuesday morning: Had to be ready when my kids left for school so that Anne Marie, Henry, Nora and I could get to Seattle by 10 for Nora's appt. with the TEDDY study.(She has the markers for juvenile diabetes, no biggie yet, we're just keeping an eye on it thru the study while helping them to try and discover what causes juvenile diabetes.)

Tuesday afternoon:Met Jeff for lunch, then rushed back to get Anne Marie to school, then spent the rest of the afternoon, with my lovely neighbors, preparing phone directories for all the women at church, then went to a dinner/church function for the women at church, arrived home at 10:30.

Wednesday morning:had to leave by 9:30 to get Henry and Nora to their doctor's appts. for Nora's immunizations and Henry's rash on his face.

Arrived home half an hour ago to a few phone calls expressing love and worry for my silence on the Bloggernet.

Phew.

Bored yet? Me too.

I have some good posts I'm saving up, but as you can see, the past 5 days have really left me no alternative but to neglect my blog. So I am sorry, truly.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go make bread so that my children can have sandwiches tomorrow in their lunches (sorry about today Charlie, think of it as snacks for lunch:)and take a shower so that I'm ready for Kate and Julia's All District choir concert tonight at 7.

Oh, and clean up the puddle of spit up that just erupted out of Nora.

I'm outtie.

4 comments:

  1. Thank You Amy!!! I was really getting worried.....is she down with her back.....did she have to be checked into the hospital......did the children finally take charge and tie her up in the laundry room and the neighbors haven't noticed to check on her? I am so glad to hear you were helping out a sister in need.....Really glad you are OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the play by play. Remember when life was more like, 'well, I didn't get off work til 7, then I worked out, then went to dinner with friends, had a date later with some hottie or other, made out, "do you like my eyes?" watched another movie with worlds greatest roommates, midnight run to safeway for snacks, in bed by 3 am. Whew!' Now really...which is more exciting - I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. reading about your life just made me tired.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you are alive. I'm pretty surprised you are after wrangling 10 children and so many appointments, etc.

    I'm barely surviving with two... I wouldn't have a clue how you do it all, plus a dirty mouse in the van eating your baby's bottle nipples.

    I know the feeling of wanting to sterilize everything just in case those dirty little feet touched it, or those dirty little whiskers touched it as it sniffed around with it's dirty little nose. We caught two more by the way. I think I have PTSD.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...