Pages

Friday, March 27, 2009

Why I love Kindergarten



Anne Marie and I went on a field trip today.

It was fun to spend the whole day with my child.

I loved watching the way the kindergartener's interact with eachother. You can already see the way they will eventually separate when they are in junior high.
That part was sad, but very real and interesting.

But I was reminded of why kindergarten is such a magical world.
If you look at the girl in the background of the picture, she is someone we met on the bus today, for the first time.

Anne Marie and this girl talked back and forth, played and had a great time.

Anne Marie enjoyed herself and said to this girl "Hey, do you want to be friends?"

The other little smiled and nodded happily and they kept on having fun.

There was no sizing eachother up, no feeling jealous or mean to eachother, just "Hey, do you want to be friends?"

Sometimes I wish I was still in kindergarten.

Sometimes I act like I'm still in kindergarten.

Only without snack time or recess.
Or short toilets.

Kindergarten rocks, wouldn't you agree?

3 comments:

  1. I think I'm just going to start asking people if they want to be my friend. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it how easily kids make friends!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I'll be sure to post the winner of the Amy Butler skirt.

    I'm impressed by anybody who can have six kids. It was my dream to have a large family, but alas, I will only have the two monkeys.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...