Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Dreaming



Lately I have had very strange dreams.

Dreams that make me question my sanity as well as a number of other things.

But really, I don't think they mean anything.

One dream for instance, I had a very 80's short feathered do that hasn't made an appearance in my life since 1986.

That wasn't the most disturbing aspect of the dream, but it was bad enough.

Another part of that dream had Jeff looking exactly how he did when I met him.
-Elvis hair
-Round glasses
-Colored jeans with shirt tucked in
-Glowing with youth and optimism

And no, I do not wish for him to wear colored jeans again, but it was nice to see him that way anyway.

My point in all this is nothing really.

Sometimes I think dreams mean things, other times they are just our brains way of destressing. Nonsensical brain jibberish that helps us relax.

And sometimes they are a way of looking back (Elvis hair and colored jeans) and looking forward (dreams about future children and retirement).

Sometimes they are just plain weird-like the recurring dream I have where I am pulling wads and wads of gum out of my mouth-never ending wads of gum.

I love the glorious dreams where I can fly, or I'm singing on stage, or I'm running really fast.

The way our brains work amazes me, so complex, so mysterious.

Just one other way that our bodies are a perfect example of the Masterful genious of He who created them.

And even better than dreaming at night? Day dreams, the ones we control. The wandering of our brain into scenarios of happiness, for the most part. I could day dream all day long. In fact I do sometimes. (Those are the days Jeff,when you get home from work and I have done nothing :)

Right now I'm daydreaming about waffles and homemade syrup.

I do love the dreams that become reality. I do I do.

3 comments:

  1. I like that gum-wad dream... except it's kind of a nightmare.

    My recurring dream is of running through a weird mansion with live stuffed animals and clones of my mother, trying to get away from the little ceasar's man with a cartoon style bomb. (that's not even the half of it--and you thought your dreams were weird)

    I too love daydreaming, I've been back-reading NieNie and daydreaming all day long...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dream I am pulling wads and wads of never ending mucus out of my mouth....gross, huh? Or my teeth fall out in millions of tiny pieces that are like styrophome.....I know, I know..NOT NORMAL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it pickle gum? Remember that? Weird. Love the picture of Jeff's Dad.(?)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...