Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Time to change




Everything changes.
We change day to day.
Little things, nuances really in the span of a lifetime.
But daily there are things to notice, to observe about ourselves.
Good and bad things that we acknowledge, observe and either change or embrace.

I have noticed things about myself lately.
Some that I definitely want to change, always there is something to want to change.
But good things too.
Things that I am glad are part of who I am.
Acceptance of of imperfections in myself and others is growing in me.
I find that I can laugh at myself more and let what others say roll off more easily.
I am firmer in my own convictions, the words of others don't sway me as quickly as they might have before.
I find that I care less about things that don't matter. Mind you, these are things that I don't think matter in the grand scheme of things, you may care a great deal about them. So I won't list them.
And as much as I would never want to purposely offend anyone, I am not bothered by lack of agreement with others either.
I am myself. I make tweaks and changes so that I can reach my own particular goal of who I want to be. I am truly less and less motivated by what others think of me.
Does this grow exponentially?
Is that why old people say whatever comes to mind? Because they truly no longer have time to care or be bothered by what others think of them?
Is that why you see grand old ladies in big purple hats and bright lipstick?
Old men who yell at the neighborhood dogs all the time and want to give every child they see a lollipop?
Is that where I'm heading?
Is that where we're all heading?
I hope so.
I will be happy to be old.
To only care about things that matter.
So I should probably figure out all that matters to me, so that I will know what to care about when I'm old.
Yes, that is what I'm going to do.
And you should too.
Unless you're already old, and then, well, lucky you.

4 comments:

  1. That picture is hilarious!

    Good for you, for finding who you are and focusing on that instead of all the garbage that tends to steer our thoughts. You'll make great old lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She certainly has "IT"
    Grandpa Allen

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is always so much in our lives that doesn't really matter I agree! Its nice to sift through and find what matters the most! I dont know if you have seen this clip or not but its a favorite! Enjoy and have a great day:)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYhDhiojBPA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm right there with ya. That growing experience I told you about is becoming a weakness into strength thing. An awakening to my true calling thing. A sloughing off of the fluff thing. I love it and I love who you are, so keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...