Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas

My house is not wrapped in tinsel galore.
Most of my presents come from the store.
My windows are dirty, my furniture is dusty.
My elbows need grease, they're a tad bit rusty.
My young ones are messy, chocolate on their face.
My older ones think posing with Santa's a waste.
My bank account's empty, my car is old
My clothes are wearing out, I'm told
My tree is crooked, my ornaments broken
But something in me has awoken
I am happier than I've been all year
Could it be the joy of Christmas cheer?
Whatever it is, I wish it for you.
May this be your best Christmas,  too!






*photo by Becca Kidd

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you Amy! What a cute poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had the merriest of Christmases! Lots of love to you always, my friend!! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...