Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Bad luck doesn't care if it's Mother's Day

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day.

As far as being a mother goes, my weekend was fantastic. Kate and Julia surprised me by taking me out to lunch and taking me shopping.

As in, they paid for everything! It was such a wonderful surprise and I spent the whole day with them. It was so much fun and I can't even begin to tell you how proud I am of them and how touched I was that they wanted to do this for me.

I really have the best kids. Sorry everyone else!

When we were at the Supermall, we thought it would be fun to take a picture in one of those photo booths.

Well, as luck would have it, none of us had any cash left. And I am way too paranoid to use my debit card in a machine that is hidden behind curtains where anyone could switch out the card reader. Yes. That does happen.

So I had the brilliant idea of getting in the photo booth anyway and taking a picture with my phone. We got some fun ones, but for some reason this is the only photo that my phone would send out.



By the time we were done, we were hot and super giggly. It was a highlight, I must say.

When we got home, my dear husband who loves me sooo much, had done all the laundry. All of it!!!

He honestly could not have given me anything better for Mother's day.

Every year growing up we would ask my mom what she wanted for Mother's day. She would reply, "A clean house. "

No mom. What I meant was, what do you want me to BUY you.

I totally get it now, why she wanted that. All I want every year is a clean house I didn't have to clean! I got it this year. That, combined with having my lunch paid for and getting new clothes really made this one of the best years ever.

Sunday's plans involved my parents and my aunt coming over and my brother and his family joining us for dessert. It was so fun. Originally we had talked about going to Ellensburg to see Jeff's mom, but because of lack of gas funds, we were unable to do so. And oh how fortunate we are that we didn't go to Ellensburg.

Why?

Well...

Just leaving church to try and go home, proved to be just a tad difficult. The big van's engine decided it was time to die. Right there in the parking lot.

A really nice guy from church helped us tow it home. And I love his wife for giving up part of her mother's day so that he could do that!

We thought it might just be the spark plugs, but it is not. It still won't start and probably never will again. And thankfully we were not 90 miles from home when this happened.

So now the question is, how long can we get by as a one car family when that one car only carries 5 people?

Yeah. This should be interesting.

It goes to show that bad luck is no respecter of persons or Mother's Day. Even if that Mother's Day was the best ever!!!

2 comments:

  1. really a bummer amy! well, my oven broke (not the stove top) and i don't have any money to fix it....so, it's been broken for over a month. with no credit cards (yeah!) and no saved up money, it doesn't look like it's going to be fixed anytime soon!!

    what wonderful girls you have!! what a treat!

    i called you about eggs....call me if you still want to work out our deal!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...