Julia turned 10 on Wednesday.
Strange how time flies.
I was pregnant the longest with her.
She made me wait, bide my time, twiddle my thumbs, and pace the floor waiting for her to show up.
Time did not fly with that 9 pound 5 oz baby wriggling around inside of me.
But she arrived and I was in love.
2. Creativity flows through her at a constant rate. There is always some new idea brewing inside of her.
3. She is passionate and focused when she sets her mind to something.
4. Her best friend is her sister, Kate. We hoped it would be that way, and we have been overjoyed to watch that friendship become what it is.
5. Julia is an avid reader. She has been known to finish a book in a day or two when allowed the time to do so. And I don't mean small books, I mean the 6th and 7 th Harry Potter, Eragon.
6. She is an independant child. She loves her family, loves to be around others, but she is content doing her own thing.
7. Julia has a tender spirit. Intermingled with flashes of emotion and a fire that can surprise you. She wants to please, hates to disappoint, but is comfortable letting you know when you're out of line.
8. Julia is comfortable with herself. She is not distracted by whims or trends or changes in social weather.
9. She is helpful, kind, and loving with her youngest siblings.
10. Julia has a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. At 10, my daughter is strong, spiritual, fun, energetic, and values that which is good.
As you can tell, I am proud of her. I think she is marvelous in her unique-ness and she brings her whole family joy.
For her birthday this year, she wanted to camp in our own backyard.
On the menu:
Dutch Oven Cake