Pages

Friday, August 14, 2009

Beachy Keen

We love the beach. I think I established that in this post.

One Saturday, we just needed to get away. So with children in hand, and cousins and their parents, we headed off to Lake Cle Elum.

Lake Cle Elum is about 10 minutes from where I grew up in Cle Elum, Wa.

It is a loverly lake with non-stinky, no slimy bottom, absence of leaches, blue water.


We spent all day there. A cookstove dinner, stop at the local Dairy Queen, before heading back over the mountains.

Even with what I thought was vast amounts of sunscreen, we all left with nice sunburns, happy, full hearts, and lots of sand in our hair, and um, other places.





"WHATever Mom!"
"All I did was eat. I have to keep the rolls on my legs, and my rubberband wrists in shape."
"It's tough that I'm missing my two front teeth, there is no filter for the sand! "


"I believe I can fly!"




"What up?"

"I love her! " "He's ok."

Pretty much the best Saturday ever!
Oh, except for maybe tomorrow, when we go to the beach again.
Did I mention we love the beach?

6 comments:

  1. that was so fun and awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the beach too! I am glad you got to get away and have some fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the beach too..especially Lake Cle Elum..spent many hours there over the years! Great place and great memories!Did you know that your Mom and I lived there long long time ago?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That lake was awesome! I had the best time there with you guys and the Grangers!


    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love days like that. It sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...