Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Broken

When Henry was 9 months old, he fell through the railing at our rental house, 7 feet to the basement below.

He was clutching a sharpened pencil and landed on his head.

After a CT scan and an MRI, they found him to be in perfect condition.

Yesterday evening, he fell off the couch at my parents house onto their hardwood floor.

He fell approximately 16 inches.

There was no CT scan or MRI, just an x-ray.

Which confirmed that Henry has a b-r-o-k-e-n left collarbone.

Sometimes life is funny that way. You don't always get what you expect.

He looks like he's miserable, doesn't he?


Don't get me wrong, I am grateful that the first accident ended so well.

And I realize that having six kids, odds have always been stacked against us as far as broken bones and other issues.

But falling off the couch seems a sad story to go along with a broken bone.

Who wouldn't rather say, " I fell backwards down 13 steps, cartwheeling into a heap at the bottom, breaking my collarbone". Oh wait, that was Julia's story when she was 3.

Or maybe, "I fell backwards off our friends front porch onto my head the day before kidergarten and broke my collarbone". Oh wait, that's my story.

Seeing a trend here?

Hopefully it ends today with Henry.

Amen.

9 comments:

  1. Hi you dont know me and you make think I am strange after reading this. I have a blog too and I decided to go to the next blog at the top of the page. I passed a couple and got to yours and couldn't stop reading it! I think you are hilarious and I love your stories! I hope you dont mind if I visit you once in awhile. I think I was inspired to search you out today cause I wasn't having the best day and you cheered me up! Thanks and keep up the great blogging:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Angie! You have made MY day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You lose one, you win one!! Welcome Angie!!

    A seven foot fall with a sharpened pencil in his hand?????????????? How do you ever get that image out of your head? Thank the Good Lord and I second that Amen. I hope Henry feels better, but my hugs go to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is the cutest picture i have ever seen. period.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love You Henry! Get Well Fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hank will have more broken bones as he is going to be a professional sports guy..I can tell by the way he walks. This is just his first badge! Gramma should put a rug by the couch!! Give him a hug for me. The pictures of the kids in the pool at Keno's turned out great! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the poor boy. I would imagine that six children would be filled with broken bones. I think I would have a breakdown. Well thankfully the broken bone did come from the couch because if it came from the dramatic afore mentioned fall, the incident might have been all too traumatizing to endure. Get better quick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get better soon Henry!


    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soooo I think you have weak collarbones in your family. My neice broke her collar bone two weeks ago running and fallind down in the kitchen. Random!!! But you have a cool story to tell that three of you have broken that bone.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...