Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Girls Camp 2016 Adventure Awaits

 Ah girls camp. The best place to be as a youth leader for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints. Its made even better for me by the fact that I get to go with my girls. Last year I had Kate, Julia and Anne Marie, which was amazing. With Kate gone Julia and Anne Marie and I held the fort down and made our own memories. Which included the 2nd year hike. Anne Marie was a second year and Julia was a YCL (youth camp leader) over the 2nd years. So we went with her on her hike and had a great time.





Anne Marie rocked it again at repelling. She has an adventurous side that I adore.

Julia and her friend Hannah-I have no memory of what they are doing here. I think they are eating the fishy crackers that I always bring to camp. Funny how something like fishy crackers tastes sooooo good when you are away from home.

And the reality of girls camp. Tears. Some frustration. I locked myself in the walk in cooler and had a good cry. Then took a picture to send to Jeff so that he could get a glimpse of the affect a week away from home does to me;)

I work with two Rachels. This is one of them. The other one is equally awesome but I didn't get a picture of her sadly. These two make my life better, and more fun.

Anne Marie ran in the triathalon again this year. Her team came in 2nd, I think. But they were the 1st finishers of the all girl team. The first place team had a 6 foot 5 priesthood leader who did the running leg. So, sorry, but it doesn't count;)
And the day after camp, leaving straight for Utah for family vacation. It was an EXHAUSTING two weeks and I was glad to be home at the end of it. But super rewarding and fun. Can't wait til next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...