Pages

Monday, July 24, 2017

Nora's 9th

I think that youngest children learn resilience younger than their older siblings. They get carted around to a lot more sports events, concerts and awards ceremonies. They spend more time in the car then their oldest siblings and with so much going on in a family of 8, and they learn to adapt pretty well. 

Case in point, Nora's 9th birthday. One month before we learned we would be moving to Las Vegas. And then two days after this picture, Jeff and I would be taking Kate to the MTC (missionary training center) in Provo. 

So here she sits, surrounded by boxes and chaos and as you can see from the pictures, she is still happy. Surrounded by her family, the people who love her most. And of course having your birthday list of Disney dolls come to life doesn't hurt either:)





I am so thankful that we received this little surprise we now know as Nora. She has been a gift of joy, happiness, easy going-ness, affability and just all around sweet, kind and fun.

Her birthday being so crazy was helped by the fact that she had a friend party, dessert with her grandparents and cousins who live in Ellensburg and then her "family" party with just us. 3 parties helps the bitter pill of moving go down easier I think:)

I can't believe she is 9. Seriously folks, don't take for granted the time your children are young. I know its hard, I know there is a lot of sleepless nights, poopy diapers and tantrums. Soak up every moment. There are new, just as wonderful times ahead of you, but those tiny babies, who just want their mommy go by all too quickly. I promise. I would shave my head for just one day with any of my children as 3 year olds again. And I would tell my younger self to not worry so much. They will all turn out just fine.

Happy Birthday darling Nora! thank you for being your bright, sunshiny self.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...