Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Mornings

Mornings are not my favorite.

I am more of a stay up late, get up late kind of person.

But even more so than waking myself up, I have a hard time waking my kids up.

They seemed to have inherited my love of staying up and sleeping in. So when I walk in their rooms, and they are all snuggled up, warm and toasty and happy, it is really hard for me to whisper those dreaded words,

 "Time to get up for school."




What I really want to do is crawl in with them, listen to their breathing and fall back asleep myself.

My mother used to be dressed and ready, breakfast made for us and kitchen tidy by the time we came down the stairs.

Me? Not so much.

I'm more of a "drive them to the bus stop in my pajamas kind of a person".

And then I come home and stare at the breakfast dishes hoping they will disappear all on their own.

It's not that I don't value things being tidy and my day having some semblance of order and schedule to it.

I just don't like being in charge of that order and schedule:)

Well, until I do.

It depends on the day. I'm sure my kids dread when I get in my cleaning and organizing mode.

I live my life a little randomly. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

But every day is a happy one, and I am so grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...