Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Cannibalism

I adore my children. They are like ooey, gooey, carmel filled treats.

I'm pretty sure that they are the tastiest things on the planet.

Of course the most scrum-diddly-umptious of them all is Nora. We all think so.

There is not a finger or toe or ear or cheek or section of leg or tummy that has not been nibbled, kissed, squished, squeezed and hugged on that little girl.

I crave the top of her head.

I love her sqooshy little dimpled bum.

Her fuzzy almost non-existent hair needs constant patting.

Her fingers spend equal time in her mouth and mine.

I feel incomplete if her cheek is not pressed up against mine at all times.

If it wouldn't break, I would be in her crib cuddled up next to her right now.

All of my kids have endured this from me. They all still would if I could get away with it. But I have learned to fight my cravings to slobber all over my kids with hugs and kisses. Simply because they like it for only about 2 seconds now.

Too bad for me.

But a shift has occured.

I am no longer the only one who craves nibbling on another family member.

Yet, whereas my nibbling was gentle, albeit a little slobbery, this little carnivore digs right in.

Nora has decided that the other humans that inhabit her domicile are in fact a food source now.

It started with her taking bites out of me during her regular feedings.

It progressed to biting the unsuspecting arm of anyone who was holding her.

No amount of startled yells, or stern "No!"s seemed to stem the tide of uncontrollable biting.

We were very concerned at Nora's urge to eat her family. What could be happening?

Well, we finally discovered what was sending her into fits of biting frenzy.

It's a little hard to see buried under that protruding tongue.

Welcome tooth number 3!




We are glad you are finally here.

2 comments:

  1. That's a really cute picture of Nora!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is precious. And I'm glad that she doesn't have to eat everyone anymore (other than in a loving way!)

    Tucker's already teething too. I think if he already had teeth, he would've bitten off a few of his own fingers by now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...